Sunday 11 May 2014

Mother

I am angry with you Mother
For letting me trouble you
all these years
since my birth and even before
Why would you stand at the door
waiting for me to come home?
Every minute's delay weighing heavy on your heart.
That, when I have a jolly good time
laughing with a friend
or listening melodies while I travel.
It makes me guilty later,
and angry.
You laugh it off
when I complain.

I am surprised at you Mother
How you hold for everyone
concern and more concern?
From where did you learn
to love your children with such magnitude?
What is it that makes this bond heavenly?
And at the same time
keeps you on your guard and restless always?
How?
How can all this come naturally to you?
What is it that I don't understand
and you cannot explain?

You are a mystery Mother
how grave, you don't even know.
You don't care to know
like I do, in vain.

I scold you Mother
When I work all night
on some college project
and you keep coming in my room
inventing petty excuses
and timidly ask me
"How much more work is left?"
Let me deal with at least something
all on my own Mother.
Why would you not sleep
just because I have not?
Still you wake up the earliest
to make breakfast for your girl.
Why so selfless?

You make me afraid Mother
When I will go away,
soon enough,
I would not know how to live
without you.
Still you will make me
angry, surprised and scold you
for worrying over me more than myself.

If being a mother is to be like you,
I am scared of the future.
You have set standards too high,
unreachable, impossible.
I have no clue
how to love like you love
how to care like you care.

I am disillusioned Mother.
The mystery you hold in your soul,
the unpronounceable answers
you will take away with you
one day.
Solitude will be mine.
I am afraid to admit
I do think about and dread the life after.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful Very Beautiful and true! :)
    I liked this one a lot! :D
    And hey, the new look-ROCKS! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Harsh. The new look is still incomplete. I was too lazy and bored. :P

      Delete
    2. How to explain my ceased heart with the load of unutterable emotions your piece of mind painted in ink has made alive!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for the kind words.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2