Monday 31 March 2014

..then I'll be yours


If I hurt, if your love I resist
If I shout and be shrill
Later you'll find me treading the paths
Dark, lonely, under the stars
If you come, join and look me in the eye
And quietly forgive me for that time
...I'll be yours

Through words, in sweet voices
I may confess love and express choices
Talk through hours
Fight through wars
But the day you are okay with
my stillness and to silence we bequeath
...I'll be yours

We may travel the world in zest
We may laugh until out of breath
My devotion will still be hesitant
If you writhe under moments of silence
When only the time arrives
we won't need to talk, even through our eyes
...I'll be yours

9 comments:

  1. This is a rather cute and heartwarming poem that you have here. Love is a topic that evokes the best of poetry, and your words show a depth and understanding in love. Your poem searches for the pleasure beneath the pain, and the ultimate wonderful experience that love allows us all to have. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Songbird. Love will always be the most beautiful topic for poetry. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Just too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! I would hate to not appreciate this one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depth in simplicity. A rare gift. :).. really heart touching.. awesome work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepak. :)

      Delete
    2. It does not look like the work of a wandering mind, rather sorted soul you have with the clarity of a crystal on the demands your heart make through the rare window of wisdom of love!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2